We are looking forward to welcoming our 8th grade instrumental music families to the high school next year! We will be holding an informational night for you and your student on Tuesday, January 28, 2020 beginning at 7:00 p.m. in the EAHS Instrumental Music Room. Enter through the main entrance of the high school. This meeting is for all 8th grade instrumental music students, including instrumentalists and color guard students.
The purpose of the meeting is to familiarize yourself with our high school music program. You will receive information regarding dates for next year, hear from current high school instrumental music students, discuss scheduling, learn about upcoming 8th grade evaluations, and opportunities for the 2020 – 2021 school year. More information is available on the 8th grade instrumental music flyer, which includes quotes from current high school students and pictures from this past year.
If you are unable to attend, please email Mr. Ballentine at email@example.com by Tuesday, January 21 so we can plan accordingly.
Sportswear is ready to be picked up! If you placed an order, stop by EAHS on Tuesday, December 17 from 5:15-6:15 p.m. in the main lobby. Easton Rover mats and IMA wear also will be on sale during this time.
Keeping with tradition, this will be another exciting Turkey Week for EAHS. Below are some of the major activities for our Instrumental Music Program students.
Pep Rallies at Elementary SchoolsThree groups of marching band members, cheerleaders, and football players to visit schools
Powder Puff Game Pep BandPep band report to Cottingham at 5:30 p.m.
Easton/Pburg Band DanceMarching band students report to EAHS at 5:30 p.m.; concludes at 8 p.m.
— Luau theme
EAHS Bonfire ParadeReport to EAHS at 4:30 p.m.
Thursday “Turkey Day”
Easton/Pburg Thanksgiving Day Football GameReport to EAHS at 8 a.m.; Return to EAHS around 1 p.m.
Peace Candle LightingChamber Strings report to Grand Eastonian Hotel at 10:30 a.m.
Come and join our EAHS Jazz Ensemble for a wonderful night of jazz and holiday music! The Jazz Band is sponsoring its first holiday concert titled, “Christmas…and all that jazz.” The concert is scheduled for Saturday, December 14 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the Easton Area High School Instrumental Music Room.
Admission is free, but donations are greatly appreciated! Cookies, milk, and hot cocoa will be available while you listen to some great jazz music. All proceeds will benefit the EAHS Instrumental Music Program. No RSVP is required.
We have teamed up with Chipotle to provide us all another delicious and easy way to raise money for the IMA. Just show this Chipotle flyer (printed or on your phone) when paying for your order and the IMA will collect 33% of our food sales.
Due to weather, Meet the Band Night has been reschedule to Thursday, August 22 outside the instrumental music room at Easton Area High School.
IMA is providing a free dinner for family and friends. This night serves as a preview performance to showcase what our marching band students have been working on throughout band camp.
Volunteers and donations needed
Obviously, feeding 300 students and their families is no small undertaking, but we’re very excited to host everyone and showcase our hard-working students. We still are in need of volunteers to help prepare, grill, and serve the food, as well as donations for specific items. If you’re able to contribute, please indicate what you’re able to provide using this Sign Up Genius.
Noteworthy event details
- Meet the Band Night will be held at EAHS and NOT at Cottingham Stadium.
- Marching band rehearsal for Wednesday, August 21 is from 5:00-8:00pm at EAHS.
- Marching band rehearsal for Thursday, August 22 is from 2:00-5:00pm with Meet the Band to follow immediately after.
- Students, families, and friends can arrive between 5:00-5:30pm outside the EAHS instrumental music rehearsal room for dinner.
- Students should wear their 2019-2020 red band shirt and shorts (these will be distributed Tuesday, August 20), long black socks, and dark colored sneakers. They also should bring their instrument/equipment with them if it is not already loaded on the instrument bus.
- The students will begin warming up between 6:00-6:15pm.
- The preview performance will begin at 7:00pm on the practice field by the high school and should conclude around 7:45pm. Please bring a lawn chair for the performance.
- The IMA will be selling clothing as well as have information about the organization.