Due to the forecasted weather, the Easton Area High School Band Concert on Saturday, January 18 has been canceled. This decision was made after much thought and consideration, keeping the safety of all students, families and audience members first and foremost.
Our students have worked incredibly hard over the past several weeks preparing this concert music. While we will not hold a physical concert, we will be sharing videos that we recorded at our rehearsals during the past two days so you can take part in the work our students have been doing in class. Additionally, we will also be sharing pictures of our year so far, as they have achieved so much throughout the year. Within the past 3 months, our band students:
- Competed at 2 competitions (earning 3 caption awards of Best Drum Major, Best Brass, & Best Music)
- Participated in 2 parades (earning 1st place in both events)
- Conducted seating auditions & started our work on concert band literature
- Performed in all Thanksgiving Week festivities, including 7 elementary pep rallies and our annual breakfast for the seniors!
- Held our Fall Orchestra concert with guest soloist Kim Cook
- Held our Winter Wind Ensemble & Orchestra ConcertsTraveled to Florida to perform in front of a crowd of 61,000 at the Gator Bowl & at Universal StudiosStarted our basketball pep band season
- The videos and pictures will be posted Saturday, January 18 for you to enjoy.
Thank you for your continued support of music in the Easton Area School District and we hope to see you at our Spring concerts:
- April 29 – Wind Ensemble
- May 8 – Orchestra
- May 15 – Band