Keeping with tradition, this will be another exciting Turkey Week for EAHS. Below are some of the major activities for our Instrumental Music Program students.
Pep Rallies at Elementary SchoolsThree groups of marching band members, cheerleaders, and football players to visit schools
Powder Puff Game Pep BandPep band report to Cottingham at 5:30 p.m.
Easton/Pburg Band DanceMarching band students report to EAHS at 5:30 p.m.; concludes at 8 p.m.
— Luau theme
EAHS Bonfire ParadeReport to EAHS at 4:30 p.m.
Thursday “Turkey Day”
Easton/Pburg Thanksgiving Day Football GameReport to EAHS at 8 a.m.; Return to EAHS around 1 p.m.
Peace Candle LightingChamber Strings report to Grand Eastonian Hotel at 10:30 a.m.
Come and join our EAHS Jazz Ensemble for a wonderful night of jazz and holiday music! The Jazz Band is sponsoring its first holiday concert titled, “Christmas…and all that jazz.” The concert is scheduled for Saturday, December 14 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the Easton Area High School Instrumental Music Room.
Admission is free, but donations are greatly appreciated! Cookies, milk, and hot cocoa will be available while you listen to some great jazz music. All proceeds will benefit the EAHS Instrumental Music Program. No RSVP is required.
We have teamed up with Chipotle to provide us all another delicious and easy way to raise money for the IMA. Just show this Chipotle flyer (printed or on your phone) when paying for your order and the IMA will collect 33% of our food sales.
Due to weather, Meet the Band Night has been reschedule to Thursday, August 22 outside the instrumental music room at Easton Area High School.
IMA is providing a free dinner for family and friends. This night serves as a preview performance to showcase what our marching band students have been working on throughout band camp.
Volunteers and donations needed
Obviously, feeding 300 students and their families is no small undertaking, but we’re very excited to host everyone and showcase our hard-working students. We still are in need of volunteers to help prepare, grill, and serve the food, as well as donations for specific items. If you’re able to contribute, please indicate what you’re able to provide using this Sign Up Genius.
Noteworthy event details
- Meet the Band Night will be held at EAHS and NOT at Cottingham Stadium.
- Marching band rehearsal for Wednesday, August 21 is from 5:00-8:00pm at EAHS.
- Marching band rehearsal for Thursday, August 22 is from 2:00-5:00pm with Meet the Band to follow immediately after.
- Students, families, and friends can arrive between 5:00-5:30pm outside the EAHS instrumental music rehearsal room for dinner.
- Students should wear their 2019-2020 red band shirt and shorts (these will be distributed Tuesday, August 20), long black socks, and dark colored sneakers. They also should bring their instrument/equipment with them if it is not already loaded on the instrument bus.
- The students will begin warming up between 6:00-6:15pm.
- The preview performance will begin at 7:00pm on the practice field by the high school and should conclude around 7:45pm. Please bring a lawn chair for the performance.
- The IMA will be selling clothing as well as have information about the organization.
Enjoy the delicious varieties of Panera Bread and help the IMA raise some pretty easy money. All you have to do is show this flyer (printed or on your phone) when you order and Panera Bread will give the IMA 20% of our food orders!
Do you like raising money for our instrumental music students?
Do you like that “new car smell?”
Test drive a brand new car from Koch 33 Ford at the high school and raise $20 ($15 for the IMA general fund; $5 for named instrumental students)! Let’s help the IMA reach its goal of raising $6,000 while enjoying the feel of a brand new car.
We’ll also be holding a free car wash at the same time (donations are appreciated). Drop off your car for a wash and test drive a new set of wheels.
Tell your friends. Tell your family.
- Sunday, August 18 from 9am-2pm
- Easton Area High School in the lower lot near the baseball field
- Preregister for your drive or register on-site
- Only one driver per household
- No one will try pushing you to buy a car. It’s illegal to do so on a Sunday in Pennsylvania.
Thanks to Koch 33 Ford for once again bringing the DRIVE 4 UR SCHOOL program to the IMA!