From October 1-8, we will be hosting 40 music students from Flensburg, Germany as a continuation of the long relationship between the Easton Area High School Instrumental Music Department and the Altes Gymnasium. Our schools’ jazz bands have long traveled back and forth between Germany and the United States to perform and learn from each other. This is a great opportunity for us to share with them our Easton tradition!
To support this tradition, we are seeking home-stay placements for these students.
Requirements for hosting students
- Pick up students from Germany at Easton Area High School on the day of their arrival, Tuesday, October 1, 2019.
- Provide travel for students to and from Easton Area High School on each day of their week-long stay.
- Provide breakfast (e.g. fruit, cereal, muffins) each morning for students before dropping them off at Easton Area High School.
- House overnight a minimum of two students during their week-long stay. This minimum helps students feel more comfortable in a new place. Couches, air mattresses, or spare beds work well as sleeping arrangements.
- Interested families must have clearances on file with the Easton Area School District for every member living in the household over the age of 18.
- October 1: Arrival to United States/ pick-up by host families from EAHS
- October 2: Rehearsal with jazz band; First Flags Band Festival at night
- October 3: Performance for EASD School; Combined jazz rehearsal at night
- October 4: Organized travel to Philadelphia; EAHS Football Game (home)
- October 5: Organized travel to NYC
- October 6: Combined concert with EAHS and Flensburg Jazz Bands; Group Dinner
- October 7: Tour of Easton, PA
- October 8: Departure
Interested in hosting students?
- Please complete the Host Family Interest Form by July 31, 2019.
- Send the form to Mr. Ballentine at email@example.com or mail it to:
Easton Area High School
Attn: Chris Ballentine
2601 William Penn Highway
Easton, PA, 18045
- Mr. Ballentine will follow up with those who submitted a form.