Students will begin to schedule for courses in February for the 2021-2022 school year. Please view the course registration guidelines below for what course to select for electives.
- Band: Register for Freshman Band 9. This course meets on “A” Days. Students in this course will also participate in marching band.
- Strings: Register for String Ensemble 9. This course meets on “B” Days.
- Choir: Register for Choir 9. This course meets on “A” or “B” Days.
- Band/Strings: Register for BOTH Freshman Band 9 and String Ensemble 9. Students in this course will also participate in marching band. There may also be an option titled Band/Strings 9.
- Band/Strings/Choir: Register for one class titled: Freshman Band/Choir/Strings. Students in this course will also participate in marching band.
- Students in color guard who also play an instrument will register for the respective course above.
- The high school music department also has several offerings for class music, including: Piano Lab, Music Theory, Music Literature, Jazz Improvisation & Arranging, and Voice Lab.
If there is a conflict with a course, please do not worry. Feel free to email me at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.Vince Lombardi
What to Expect
Students will receive information regarding clinics and auditions in February/ early March. These will take place throughout the spring and provide the students an opportunity to get to know each other, as well as begin to teach students the techniques they will learn in the high school program. Auditions will be held in April.
Students will be contacted in June 2021 with information regarding our Summer Strings Camp. This is a great opportunity to get acquainted with the high school and our orchestra program before the school year begins.
Students will be contacted in June 2021 with information regarding summer sectionals and Band Camp. Sectionals are small group practices, broken up by section. This provides students the opportunity to meet their section, get to know each other, and begin working on music and marching before Band Camp.
- Percussionists: we typically conduct a percussion clinic in mid-June to assign parts for the upcoming marching season. The exact dates will be conveyed in the coming months.
- 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday: 2:00-8:00 p.m.
- 2:00-8:00 p.m.