On May 27, 2021, in front of the main entrance of Easton Area High School, the Orchestra Spring Concert included outdoor performances of four ensembles: EAHS Chamber Strings, EAHS 9th Grade Orchestra, EAHS 9-12th Grade String Ensemble, and EAHS 10-12th Grade Symphony Orchestra.
Students will begin to schedule for courses in February for the 2021-2022 school year. Please view the course registration guidelines below for what course to select for electives.
- Band: Register for Freshman Band 9. This course meets on “A” Days. Students in this course will also participate in marching band.
- Strings: Register for String Ensemble 9. This course meets on “B” Days.
- Choir: Register for Choir 9. This course meets on “A” or “B” Days.
- Band/Strings: Register for BOTH Freshman Band 9 and String Ensemble 9. Students in this course will also participate in marching band. There may also be an option titled Band/Strings 9.
- Band/Strings/Choir: Register for one class titled: Freshman Band/Choir/Strings. Students in this course will also participate in marching band.
- Students in color guard who also play an instrument will register for the respective course above.
- The high school music department also has several offerings for class music, including: Piano Lab, Music Theory, Music Literature, Jazz Improvisation & Arranging, and Voice Lab.
If there is a conflict with a course, please do not worry. Feel free to email me at any time at email@example.com.
Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.Vince Lombardi
What to Expect
Students will receive information regarding clinics and auditions in February/ early March. These will take place throughout the spring and provide the students an opportunity to get to know each other, as well as begin to teach students the techniques they will learn in the high school program. Auditions will be held in April.
Students will be contacted in June 2021 with information regarding our Summer Strings Camp. This is a great opportunity to get acquainted with the high school and our orchestra program before the school year begins.
Students will be contacted in June 2021 with information regarding summer sectionals and Band Camp. Sectionals are small group practices, broken up by section. This provides students the opportunity to meet their section, get to know each other, and begin working on music and marching before Band Camp.
- Percussionists: we typically conduct a percussion clinic in mid-June to assign parts for the upcoming marching season. The exact dates will be conveyed in the coming months.
- 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday: 2:00-8:00 p.m.
- 2:00-8:00 p.m.
Hopefully all is well with you! Rather than focus on what we cannot do, we are going to focus on what we can do. In lieu of having parent spectators for this performance, the event will be live-streamed. No spectators will be permitted to attend. We still wanted to share what we have worked on as a marching band with families and community members. Our students have learned how to come together and work as one throughout this process with so many obstacles, we hope you will consider joining in to see what they have accomplished together.
Please read the information below for important details on how this event will work.
- Wednesday, August 26 (live-stream begins at 6:30 p.m.)
- Rain Date: Thursday, August 27
How to watch
Live-stream on the IMA Facebook page and/or YouTube channel. Specific information will be sent out prior to start.
Facebook Live Recording
Alternative Live Recording
What to expect
- 6:40 p.m. – Parade onto band field from senior lot
- 7:00 p.m. – Performance of Escorpion (music/routine & drill)
- 7:15 p.m. – Senior Recognition
- 7:30 p.m. – Stand song performance
- 7:45 p.m. – Senior performance of Alma Mater
Pick up procedure
Pick up will be approximately 30 minutes AFTER the conclusion of the performance (around 8:15 p.m.). This will allow for all families to watch the virtual live-stream and then drive to the Easton Area High School.
Families with a senior student
Every senior will have their name read (similar to a typical senior night). Seniors will also be wearing flowers throughout the duration of the evening. In the event we are able to have an in person gathering at a later date, we will recognize our seniors again at that time when deemed appropriate and safe.
Thank you for your interest in wanting to support the IMA through volunteering!
The IMA relies on the participation of its members to chaperone student events and to support and organize fundraising events. All IMA members with ACT 153 clearances on file with the Easton Area School District are eligible to participate as a chaperone or volunteer.
I’d like to chaperone or volunteer with the IMA
- Complete the IMA Parent/Guardian Interest Form (PDF).
- Send a copy of your ACT 153 clearance approval letter, even if you sent it in last year, from the Easton Area School District to Doris Lynch, IMA Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don’t have your ACT 153 clearances on file with the Easton Area School District, please follow the steps in the next section.
I don’t have my ACT 153 clearances on file with the Easton Area School District
- After completing the IMA Parent/Guardian Interest Form, please complete all documents listed on the Easton Area School District website. ACT 153 clearances are good for five years.
- Mail hard copies of these documents to:
Easton Area High School
Attn: Charissa Rivera
2601 William Penn Highway
Easton, PA 18045
- Wait for a confirmation letter from the school district that states your approval to volunteer.
- Send a copy of this approval letter to the IMA Vice President at email@example.com.
Marching Band Schedule
Please review the current marching band schedule for Fall 2020. This was most recently updated July 2020. Please be flexible as dates and times may need to be adjusted. We will do our best to communicate any changes as far in advance as possible.
Band Camp Forms
We are preparing for band camp 2020! The following forms were sent out via US Mail the week of June 29. For your convenience, here is an electronic copy of each page contained in the mailing. Please be sure to read over all information thoroughly.
Memorial Day is one day in our year when have the dedicated opportunity to pay our respects for those who have given the ultimate sacrifice to defend our freedoms. While no in-person gathering will be held this year, our EAHS band & orchestra students wanted to still reflect on this day.
Thank you to all those and their families who gave their lives to allow us to enjoy our freedoms.