What is a March-a-Thon?
This event will take place during our regularly scheduled band camp. Students will march the equivalent of 50 laps around the football field throughout the morning. In addition, they will partake in team building activities, games, and other events.
- WHEN: Friday, August 12 from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- WHERE: Easton Area High School band field
- DONATIONS DUE: Wednesday, August 10
- WHY: The money we raise during this event will help to offset the costs of maintaining our instrumental program and ensuring we can afford future years many wonderful opportunities. Specifically this year, the March-a-Thon will also help get our jazz band students to Germany in the spring of 2023. Our goal for this fundraiser is $6,000! We need everyone’s help to achieve this goal!
- March-a-Thon 2022 Flyer (PDF)
We Need YOU
We are asking every student to find sponsors for this event! If every student found $20 in sponsorships, the IMA would receive nearly $6,000. It costs the IMA approximately $80,000 annually to support instrumental music at Easton Area High School. This money goes towards the following:
- Marching Band (including band camp, parades, competitions)
- Strings Camp (including guest clinicians, food)
- Guest Clinicians throughout the year for all students
- Equipment purchases (as needed to support the growing program)
- Instrumental Music Banquet & Senior Recital
- Meals (at various points throughout the year)
- Scholarships for graduating seniors (six $1,000 scholarships)
- Performances Tours for the Instrumental Music Department
How can I donate?
- ONLINE: Donations can be made online (when entering your credit card information, please indicate the name of the jazz band student on behalf of whom you’re donating so 50% of your donation can go toward their fundraising goal/contribution).
- CASH/CHECK: If sending a check, please include the jazz band student’s name in the memo line; if sending cash, please write the jazz band student’s name on the envelope or include a note with the student’s name on it.
- Mail donations to (or students can drop them in the lockbox in the instrumental room):
Instrumental Music Association
P.O. Box 3535
Easton, PA 18043
The IMA has once again partnered with Lehigh Valley Home & Garden Center to bring you a beautiful section of hardy fall mums for your garden and front porch this year.
Our sale runs from Monday, August 2 through Monday, August 16.
Hardy fall mums
- $8 each
- 9-inch potted hardy fall mums
- Available in purple, red, orange, white, and yellow
- $7 each
- Redeemable for 9-inch potted hardy fall mums
- Coupons are slightly lower in price, allow you a larger selection when redeemed at Lehigh Valley Home & Garden Center, and you can select your own mums
- Redeem coupons by October 1, 2022
- Pick up mums and/or coupons on Saturday, September 10 from 2:30-4:30 p.m. at Raub’s Farm located at 1459 Tatamy Rd., Easton PA 18045.
- If you are chaperoning the football game on September 10, please email Jen at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for pick up.
- There will be an additional pick-up date for coupons only on Tuesday, September 13 from 4:45-5:15 p.m. on the sidewalk just down from the Instrumental Room at the Easton Area High School at 2601 William Penn Hwy., Easton, PA 18045.
Scrip is fundraising while you shop®. You buy gift cards for over 750 retailer brands at which you already shop and earn a rebate on every gift card you purchase at face value. This rebate goes right to our organization. We run our scrip program through ShopWithScrip, who has worked with over 48,000 nonprofit organizations over the course of 23 years.
This year, Band and Orchestra will be using a platform called the BAND app to communicate. This is a supplement to the emails sent out weekly.
The advantages of this app include:
- Notifications sent directly to one’s phone or device.
- Instant communication to relay last-minute changes or details.
- Integrated calendar (with ability to import the calendar to your phone’s calendar).
- Attachments tab to keep track of any forms.
It is recommended every parent/ guardian sign up for this app. This group is specifically for any parent/guardian of a student in the band or orchestra.
Download and join the BAND app.
Thank you for your interest in wanting to support the IMA through volunteering!
The IMA relies on the participation of its members to chaperone student events and to support and organize fundraising events. All IMA members with ACT 153 clearances on file with the Easton Area School District are eligible to participate as a chaperone or volunteer.
I’d like to chaperone or volunteer with the IMA
- Complete the IMA Parent/Guardian Interest Form.
- Send a copy of your ACT 153 clearance approval letter, even if you sent it in last year, from the Easton Area School District to Doris Lynch, IMA Vice President, at email@example.com.
If you don’t have your ACT 153 clearances on file with the Easton Area School District, please follow the steps in the next section.
I don’t have my ACT 153 clearances on file with the Easton Area School District
- After completing the IMA Parent/Guardian Interest Form, please complete all documents listed on the Easton Area School District website. ACT 153 clearances are good for five years.
- Mail hard copies of these documents to:
Easton Area High School
Attn: Main Office (Clearances)
2601 William Penn Highway
Easton, PA 18045
- Wait for a confirmation letter from the school district that states your approval to volunteer.
- Send a copy of this approval letter to the IMA Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help raise funds for the IMA when you shop Amazon at smile.amazon.com.
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.Amazon
How does it work?
- Begin shopping at smile.amazon.com.
- If you’re not already, sign in with your Amazon credentials.
- From the “Pick your own charitable organization,” enter “Instrumental Music Association” and choose “Easton, PA.”
- Press “Select,” and begin shopping AND helping to raise money for the IMA!
What’s the catch?
- There’s no catch other than you must shop from smile.amazon.com.
- Amazon will not make donations to the IMA on qualifying purchases when orders are placed through amazon.com or from any Amazon shopping apps.
- Not all purchases are eligible even when placed through smile.amazon.com.