The Instrumental Music Association invites you to attend the annual instrumental music banquet! The evening will include a buffet dinner, dessert, dancing, and special awards presented by Mr. Christopher Ballentine.
High school students who are members of the instrumental music program including the band front are guests of the IMA and their dinner will be paid for by the IMA. Family members and guests are encouraged to attend for a nominal cost. There is no limit on the number of guests a student may bring to the banquet.
- Date: Sunday, June 5, 2022
- Time: Doors open at 2:00 p.m. with opening remarks at 2:45 p.m. Dinner to follow
- Location: The Palace Center at 623 Hanover Avenue, Allentown, PA 18109
- Cost: Instrumental students costs will be covered by the IMA; guests are $35.00 each while children 2 and under are free
- Menu: Tossed garden salad, herb roasted chicken, sliced roast beef, penne vodka, ranch-style red whipped potatoes, steamed vegetable medley, dinner rolls, cake, iced tea, lemonade, coffee, and tea
- RSVP: No later than April 24 with payment included for guests
The Washington DC trip is scheduled for departure from EAHS on Friday, April 29 with students returning on Sunday, May 1. Students’ and chaperones’ contributions will be between $450-475 depending on the final number of students participating.
To help fund the trip, a number of fundraisers (e.g., Shammy Shine gift cards, March Forth donations) can be applied to a student’s trip contribution, but for those contributions that are not fundraised, students and chaperones can submit their contributions online. Or, they may send in their contributions by way of check or cash.
To contribute by check or cash:
On an envelope (it’s important to use an envelope), please write:
- Student’s first and last name
- Trip contribution number (#1 Feb, #2 Mar, or #3 Apr)
- On memo line of check, please write student’s first and last name
To contribute online:
Scrip is fundraising while you shop®. You buy gift cards for over 750 retailer brands at which you already shop and earn a rebate on every gift card you purchase at face value. This rebate goes right to our organization. We run our scrip program through ShopWithScrip, who has worked with over 48,000 nonprofit organizations over the course of 23 years.
This year, Band and Orchestra will be using a platform called the BAND app to communicate. This is a supplement to the emails sent out weekly.
The advantages of this app include:
- Notifications sent directly to one’s phone or device.
- Instant communication to relay last-minute changes or details.
- Integrated calendar (with ability to import the calendar to your phone’s calendar).
- Attachments tab to keep track of any forms.
It is recommended every parent/ guardian sign up for this app. This group is specifically for any parent/guardian of a student in the band or orchestra.
Download and join the BAND app.
Thank you for your interest in wanting to support the IMA through volunteering!
The IMA relies on the participation of its members to chaperone student events and to support and organize fundraising events. All IMA members with ACT 153 clearances on file with the Easton Area School District are eligible to participate as a chaperone or volunteer.
I’d like to chaperone or volunteer with the IMA
- Complete the IMA Parent/Guardian Interest Form (PDF).
- Send a copy of your ACT 153 clearance approval letter, even if you sent it in last year, from the Easton Area School District to Doris Lynch, IMA Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don’t have your ACT 153 clearances on file with the Easton Area School District, please follow the steps in the next section.
I don’t have my ACT 153 clearances on file with the Easton Area School District
- After completing the IMA Parent/Guardian Interest Form, please complete all documents listed on the Easton Area School District website. ACT 153 clearances are good for five years.
- Mail hard copies of these documents to:
Easton Area High School
Attn: Charissa Rivera
2601 William Penn Highway
Easton, PA 18045
- Wait for a confirmation letter from the school district that states your approval to volunteer.
- Send a copy of this approval letter to the IMA Vice President at email@example.com.
Help raise funds for the IMA when you shop Amazon at smile.amazon.com.
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.Amazon
How does it work?
- Begin shopping at smile.amazon.com.
- If you’re not already, sign in with your Amazon credentials.
- From the “Pick your own charitable organization,” enter “Instrumental Music Association” and choose “Easton, PA.”
- Press “Select,” and begin shopping AND helping to raise money for the IMA!
What’s the catch?
- There’s no catch other than you must shop from smile.amazon.com.
- Amazon will not make donations to the IMA on qualifying purchases when orders are placed through amazon.com or from any Amazon shopping apps.
- Not all purchases are eligible even when placed through smile.amazon.com.